Sponsors of the Lighting Education Trust recognise the fundamental importance to the Lighting profession and industry of education and training. The Trust, which has no endowments, wishes to thank the sponsoring companies that contribute funds for the operation.
Without the foresight of the sponsors, there would be no LET; without the LET, lighting education would not have the structured provision now available.
- Abacus Lighting Limited, is a multi-disciplined company specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of exterior lighting systems for sports, amenity, roads and car parks, as well as manufacturing telecommunication masts, architectural canopies and passenger shelters. With a broad base of products and related services, Abacus is able to provide a total turnkey solution to suit exact customer requirements. Abacus is accredited with the BS EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard and Investors in People. Visit Abacus at www.abacuslighting.com
- Arup Lighting Design is a division of the Ove Arup Partnership, a multi-disciplinary Building Services and architectural consultancy with world-wide operations. Visit Arup Lighting Design at http://www.arup.com/Home/Services/Lighting_Design.aspx
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), a Trustee of LET, is the professional institution for building services, providing a forum for technical exchange, promoting seminars, accrediting educational courses, and publishing papers, codes and guides. The Society of Light & Lighting (SLL) is incorporated within CIBSE [see below]. Visit CIBSE at www.cibse.org
- dpa lighting consultants was established by architect Derek Phillips in 1958, pioneering the profession. The Practice now has offices in Japan, Dubai, London and Oxfordshire and a team of over 50 people. The Practice has always believed in the importance of high quality lighting education and has supported it throughout its existence. We believe one of the factors that make our profession so interesting is the diverse backgrounds of the people within it. We have designers whose backgrounds are in product design, television lighting, stage lighting, interior design, architecture, urban design and various engineering disciplines and we believe this diversity of knowledge enriches an approach to lighting design. Some of our designers have then gone on to study lighting on various industry courses and at MSc level which, again, we have found to be highly beneficial. "The importance of the Lighting Education Trust for the industry as a whole, our clients, users of the built environment and dpa cannot be underestimated in our opinion." Visit dpa at www.dpalighting.com
- Hoare Lea Lighting is an independent specialist lighting design consultancy with offices throughout the UK, offering a full range of services from planning to concept, scheme to detailed design, design to implementation. We believe that ultimately architecture is about people. Understanding how people see and respond to light therefore is key to the design of a well-lit space. This and our passionate belief that light is essential to the creation of a dynamic architectural environment, make up the cornerstones of our ethos. We employ a mix of creative individuals from design and engineering backgrounds with practical and academic experience offering a range of perspectives. The combination of the two complementary disciplines, design and engineering, enables successful lighting solutions to be achieved. Visit Hoare Lea at www.hoarelealighting.com
- Holophane Europe Ltd. With over 100 years' lighting experience, Holophane offers modern energy-efficient luminaires, including the Hydrel international brand of floodlights, for today's environmentally conscious world. The range fulfils a wide variety of commercial & industrial interior, amenity, street and floodlighting applications. Other services include the design of customised luminaires ("Unique Solutions"), a free lighting design service, a range of free CPD seminars, installation, maintenance and commissioning. Visit Holophane at www.holophane.co.uk
- The Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP), a Trustee of LET, is a professional institution fostering regional meetings, conferences, exhibitions and educational courses. It also publishes the highly regarded Lighting Journal and co-operates with many other bodies in the production of technical reports. ILP offers free student membership during study of the LET Diploma in Lighting. Visit ILP at www.theilp.org.uk
- The International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), is an international organisation supporting a network of over 800 lighting design professionals who create a better world through leadership and excellence in lighting design, cultivating the universal acknowledgement and appreciation of the Power of Light in human life. Visit IALD at www.iald.org
- Kingfisher Lighting Ltd are specialists in exterior and architectural lighting. With twenty five years experience in the field, Kingfisher have the most dedicated teams waiting to help design and provide your exterior lighting solution.
Kingfisher are committed to providing the complete lighting package; from initial quotations for individual products, to highly technical lighting designs bringing your dream projects to life, to friendly technical managers all over the UK ready to visit your site at a time to suit you.
Kingfisher are extremely proud to be exclusive distributors to the UK market of two Italian manufacturers, AEC Illuminazione and Arcluce. Their products are of the highest quality and represent Italian flair and design. We can supply their range as part of our own, and their popularity is forever increasing on our projects. Visit Kingfisher at www.kingfisherlighting.com
- The Lighting Industry Association (LIA) represents professional lighting equipment manufacturers and works for the benefit of the UK Lighting industry. It promotes the availability of good advice, high standards, education and ethical behaviour in lighting. LIA also lobbies and works with government departments in forming legislation and directives. Visit LIA at www.thelia.org.uk
- OSRAM Limited, is a global lighting expert and manufacturer established over 100 years ago which produces more than 12 million light bulbs every day. Light from OSRAM shines in more than 140 countries and the Company has a sales presence on every continent. OSRAM is a pioneer within the lighting industry with over 40% of sales deriving from products less than 5 years old. OSRAM is the No1 manufacturer of automotive light bulbs with over 50% of UK cars fitted with OSRAM bulbs. OSRAM also provide state-of-the-art lighting solutions for famous and historic buildings, rail and transport networks, industrial lighting, mobile telecoms and more. OSRAM also supply lighting for the entertainment industry worldwide; winning 2 OSCARS for lighting innovations. Visit OSRAM at www.osram.co.uk
- Philips Lighting, has a manufacturing division in Scotland and employs some 260 people in its sales and marketing organisation in the UK where it has been established since 1925. Activities divide into four distinct areas:- Consumer lamps, Professional trade, OEM, and the Lighting Solutions Group. Philips lights 75% of Premier League football stadia and worldwide 55% of all soccer stadia. Also throughout the world, Philips lights 30% of all offices, 30% of hospitals and 65% of major airports. 35% of all cars use Philips lighting products. Visit Philips Lighting at www.lighting.philips.co.uk
- The Society of Light & Lighting (SLL), incorporated within CIBSE, is the largest professional body representing the interests of those involved in the art, science and engineering of light and lighting. The SLL welcomes all those who are interested in any aspect of the world of light, lighting, and its applications. It has over 2000 members in the UK and world wide and carries out a full range of activities including publications on lighting and a programme of regular events. SLL offers free student membership during study of the LET Diploma in Lighting. Visit SLL at www.sll.org.uk
- Thorn Lighting Ltd. Thorn Lighting, part of the Zumtobel Group, is a highly recognised, global brand for professional indoor and outdoor lighting. Delivering pace setting technical innovations, Thorn Lighting is UK's largest manufacturer of professional luminaires for commercial, industrial and outdoor applications, with its broad range supported by full consultancy and lighting engineering services. Visit Thorn Lighting at www.thornlighting.co.uk
- Urbis Lighting Limited, a member of the Schréder Group GIE, has products and solutions for all forms of exterior lighting. The needs of customers are satisfied with high performance products made to high quality standards, delivered on time and supported with technical advice. Urbis seeks to inspire clients to improve lighting standards, to use less energy, to control light pollution and to reduce crime and fear of crime. Visit Urbis Lighting at www.urbislighting.com
- The Worshipful Company of Lightmongers, is the City of London Livery Company for the lighting and electrical industries. As a modern Livery Company, all of its members are involved in the lighting industry through design, manufacture, engineering, architecture, electrical installation and distribution. The Lightmongers encourage and reward students on a variety of relevant courses by awarding prizes and bursaries for recognised courses. Visit the Worshipful Company of Lightmongers at www.lightmongers.co.uk